Association for Accounting Marketing Executive Director Named to 2016 Top 100 Most Influential People in Accounting
September 8, 2016 (Forest Hill, MD) – Lauren Clemmer, executive director of the Association for Accounting Marketing, was named by Accounting Today to its annual list of Top 100 Most Influential People. In recognizing her industry leadership, Accounting Today states that Clemmer “brings leadership and focus to AAM’s mission of educating accounting firms about marketing and to spotlight the best for others to learn from.”
Clemmer stated, “This award is not only important to me but to the association I am proud to lead. It helps to validate the important work we do to support the industry we serve.”
Released annually, Accounting Today’s Top 100 Most Influential People in Accounting provides an overview of individuals in and out of industry who have made a significant and lasting impact on the accounting profession. This year’s list reflected a new dimension by highlighting the perceived influence of cloud computing and the importance of technology solutions.
Since becoming executive director of AAM in 2015, Clemmer has sought new opportunities to advocate for and increase the visibility of accounting marketing within the profession by facilitating a series of webinars for AICPA focused on growth strategies, authoring an article for AICPA’s CPA Insider on the retention of millennials within accounting firms, and co-presenting with AAM President Kristen Lewis at the 2016 AICPA Practitioners Symposium and Tech+ Conference.
In addition to Clemmer, nine of this years’ Top 100 are AAM members, including two board members:
AAM Board Members
- Mark Koziel, Vice President of firm services & global alliances, AICPA
- Bonnie Buol Ruszczyk, President, bbr marketing
- August Aquila, President and CEO, Aquila Global Advisors
- Gale Crosley, President, Crosley + Co.
- Sarah Dobek, President and founder, Inovautus Consulting
- Angie Grissom, President, The Rainmaker Companies
- Allan Koltin, CEO, Koltin Consulting Group
- Art Kuesel, President and owner, Kuesel Consulting
- Jennifer Wilson, Co-Founder and Owner, ConvergenceCoaching