Job Title: Marketing Manager
Company: Matthews Carter & Boyce CPAs & Advisors
Location: Fairfax, VA
The Marketing Manager is full-time or 30-hour a week position working in the firm's Fairfax VA office.
The position is responsible for the firm’s marketing strategy and operations. The position works closely with the firm’s Managing Principal, Partners Action Committee, Niche Practice Group Leaders and other partners of the firm to help develop results-oriented marketing program to achieve measurable results in terms of qualified leads generated, revenue and new client growth.
This position involves all facets of marketing including: creating proposals, writing and editing marketing communication material, developing/distributing eMarketing communications, database management, industry association sponsorships/event planning, seminar coordination, website maintenance, and supporting day-to-day implementation of marketing activities.
1. Marketing Planning & Implementation: Work with the firm’s marketing consultant and Niche Practice Leaders to develop and implement marketing plans and budgets that directly align and support the firm’s strategic plan. Establish firm tools to aid in implementation, measurement and communication of results and return on investment on a monthly basis to PAC, Partners and employees.
2. Proposals: Help firm continue to enhance win rate for proposals through effective content and tool development. Develop firm response to proposal opportunities and RFP responses using established firm templates and content library. Track RFP activity/status and win/loss rates on Proposals Pipeline report on a weekly basis. Ensure grammar/spelling/punctuation accuracy and consistency in style across all language content.
3. Professional/Industry Associations/Sponsorships: Coordinate firm and practice group participation in professional and industry organizations, including internal approval process, registration, sponsorships, exhibitor strategy, advertising, identifying/pitching speaking opportunities, assisting with professional follow-up post-events, maintain tracking of all memberships/costs to help with annual cost/benefit analysis, and recommending and developing marketing collateral needed. Track and report return on investment in this area. Work to develop discipline process, tools and training to position partners/professionals to cultivate leads into new clients and work.
4. eMarketing: Content development for niche eBlasts. Using the firm’s pre-defined templates in the Constant Contact System, produce eCampaigns for distribution to firm’s target market on a regular basis. Campaigns include Niche e-Alerts, Announcements, Event Invitations, and others. Using Constant Contact System, perform tests of eCampaigns, send copy to copy editor, update/maintain target contact lists, and monitor/report analytics to measure results on monthly basis to PAC.
5. Website Maintenance: Responsible for publishing approved content to appropriate web pages, including but not limited to biographies, practice descriptions, speaking engagement and events, and publications using content management system (WordPress). Monitor website to ensure timely response to web inquiries by routing/coordinating with appropriate partner/niche group. Monitor and update Google AdWords to drive website traffic. Review pages to ensure search engine optimization techniques are employed. Monitor and report website/Google Analytics on monthly basis to PAC.
6. Firm Database/Contact Lists: Assist with development and management of firm mailing lists to ensure they are accurate and up-to-date to support on-going marketing and communications activities; develop processes to integrate periodic data cleansing and updates of client list, professional organizations, etc.
7. Marketing Communications Materials: Assist with development and maintenance of firm marketing communications materials including firm overview, niche practice profiles, biographies, client testimonials and other materials; assist with the development and production of marketing materials for events; proofread and edit client-facing and internal marketing materials to ensure high-quality. Work with graphic designer or develop in-house advertisements for sponsorship/program placements.
8. Social Media: Publish updates to firm’s Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+ pages. Assist professionals in developing their individual LinkedIn pages and train them how to use in compliance with established firm policy.
9. Promotional Items: Purchase corporate gifts and giveaways for firm ensuring brand compliance. Maintain inventory.
10. Public Relations: Prepare and maintain press/media contact list, produce press releases and announcements to promote firm/practice expansion, new professionals, and other firm news.
11. Event Coordination: Plans firmwide marketing events, seminars, webinars, and other events to support the goals of the firm and its practice groups including site selection, menu planning, leveraging firm systems to develop client/prospect lists, prepare information for invitations, track RSVPs, registration, name tags, speaker recruitment, preparation and production of handouts and arranging for audio-visual equipment. Coordinate co-sponsored event partnerships and employee attendance at outside networking events. Coordinate follow-up activities to cultivate leads to become new clients.
12. Award Submissions/Directory Listings: Assist firm and professionals in creating high-quality submissions for awards, recognitions and directory listings.
13. Practice Development Training Sessions: Coordinate and facilitate Practice Devellopment training sessions designed to advance practice development skill-set in professional staff.
14. Lead Generation Services: Act as liaison between outsourced lead generation service and MCB. Push lists/list criteria to outsourced firm. Gather research and marketing materials prior to set meetings for partner attending. Report leads in pipeline report at Partner/PAC meetings.
15. Firm Meetings: Participate in firm PAC, Partner and Quarterly Staff meetings to provide marketing updates and inform/engage stakeholders on firm marketing initiatives.
16. New Employee Onboarding: Conduct new employee orientation with all new-hires to present Firm Overview and other marketing & firm information. Prepare new employee marketing “welcome” packet that includes information to educate employees on their marketing role and responsibilities.
17. Budgeting: Develop and maintain firm’s marketing budget on annual basis. Reconcile on a monthly basis. Push monthly updates to PAC and niche leaders.
18. Client Holiday Gifts: Coordinate list of recipients for client holiday gifts and cards; order cards/gifts/set-up vendors
SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. A highly-organized approach to work, with a successful track record of follow-through on commitments, managing multiple expectations simultaneously, and consistently meeting deadlines.
2. Proficiency in measuring and communicating return on investment for marketing program on a regular basis.
3. Self-motivated individual who demonstrates enthusiasm for work and position on a consistent-basis. Ability to handle pressure in a positive professional manner.
4. Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, complex environment and willing to adapt to change. Demonstrates a willingness and ability to adapt to new circumstances, information and challenges.
5. Ability to give and follow instructions accurately and efficiently; proactive in asking clarifying questions to ensure work effort is directed wholly toward desired outcome.
6. Demonstrated ability to present information regarding marketing initiatives to effectively engage and influence others, build consensus and decision-making among partners and senior leadership.
7. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with and gain the trust of firm management and the entire partnership, as well as staff.
8. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
9. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; sound judgment.
10. Impeccable attention to detail, and an ability to foster that quality in his or her entire department.
11. Extensive experience working closely with leadership teams and highly educated individuals in a competitive climate.
12. Experience in training and mentoring CPAs and professional staff in incorporating effective marketing strategies in their individual marketing plans to achieve their individual marketing goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. A minimum of 2 years of experience working in the marketing function in the public accounting field or professional services industry.
2. Experience using WordPress, Constant Contact System or similar eMarketing system, and graphic design software (Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
3. Ability to perform graphic design functions to create in-house creative materials as needed. Engage outside graphic design and agency assistance for more sophisticated design projects.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in the field of marketing, communications, journalism or related subject.
Please submit your resume with salary history noted for the past 3 positions you held to firstname.lastname@example.org