Job Title: Director of Business Development
Company: Morris James
Location: Wilmington, DE
The law firm of Morris James LLP seeks an experienced business development professional to assume its newly created Director of Business Development position. This position offers an excellent opportunity to take on a leadership role with one of Delaware’s most respected law firms committed to take its marketing and business development programs to the next level.
For over 85 years, Morris James has been serving the needs of its clients such as Fortune 500 companies, financial institutions, government agencies, law firms, and the community. With eight office locations across Delaware, Morris James has approximately 70 lawyers, 15 paralegals and a support staff of 90 individuals. For more information, visit www.MorrisJames.com.
Duties and Responsibilities
Business Development Plans
- Develop and implement business development plans and budgets at the Firm, practice group and individual attorney levels.
- Research, monitor and vet client relations and sales issues and topics to stay abreast of emerging trends and suggest best practices.
- Track, analyze and report on results of and recommended improvements for Firm business development efforts.
- Work closely with Director of Marketing and administrative team to implement Firm business development goals and objectives.
Attorney Training and Development
- Develop and implement effective marketing and business development training and development programs, including social media policy and training.
- Provide individual partner and associate support in marketing and business development on a regular and ongoing basis.
- Attend and participate in Practice Group meetings to present and discuss business development activities.
- Work closely with outside consultants and vendors, as necessary, including necessary internal approvals.
- Facilitate the identification, planning, implementation, and follow-up on new business or cross- marketing opportunities.
- Visit Firm clients on a regular basis to learn about their business and solicit feedback regarding Firm performance.
- Assist in the identification of and response to opportunities and development of RFPs, and proposals for new business.
- Identify, coordinate and support opportunities for Firm, Practice Group, attorney and support staff participation in key organizations and conferences.
- Represent Firm and coordinate Firm participation in key organizations, such as American Bar Association, American Bankruptcy Institute, ALFA International and State Law Resources.
- Travel occasionally to the Firm’s other offices, client events, and/or legal industry events.
- Five or more years of experience in business development, preferably in a law firm or legal department environment.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. Graduate and/or law degree highly preferred.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal relations, written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure, excellent problem-solver and team player.
- Capacity to build and maintain strong working relationships at all levels in the organization.
$140-175,000, commensurate with experience and credentials. Excellent benefits package and relocation assistance.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to TheRemsenGroup at JRemsen@TheRemsenGroup.com.