Job Title: Director of Marketing and Communications
Company: Hantzmon Wiebel LLP
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Hantzmon Wiebel LLP, a Top 20 firm in Virginia and a Top 300 firm in the US, is looking for a Director of Marketing and Communications. The director will establish and implement strategic marketing plans and programs to achieve the firm’s objectives for all firm service and product promotion as well as coordinate all marketing functions. The director is also responsible for the ongoing follow-up necessary to ensure execution and success of all plans and programs.
While the essential functions of this position and other criteria are listed below most important is your ability to collaborate with a team, to learn about and understand our firm, and your desire to grow with us.
• Provides regular marketing activity reports via partner and management meetings.
• Works with partners and managers on new business proposals, including writing significant portions, proofing, editing, and final approval. Track results via pipeline report.
• Assists partners/departments/niche areas in developing business plans and participates in firm strategic planning sessions.
• Manages the firm’s pipeline report, prepares research reports on prospects, and selects commercial prospect lists and data sources. Provides research and relays information on competitor’s activities in addition to researching key markets and associations for service expansion and prospect targeting.
• Manages the firm’s brand by updating the firm’s website; posting to the firm’s social media accounts and building online followers; managing design, photography, layout, and printing of publications and all marketing-related materials. Communicates a consistent brand message.
• Programs and manages the firm's enewsletter using the Thompson Reuters system.
• Creates marketing and advertising campaigns. Tracks and reports results.
• Represents the firm at social and professional networking functions. Mentors/trains partners and staff in networking techniques.
• Writes articles for internal and external newsletters.
• Delivers presentations on sales and marketing for partners/staff and acts as a mentor to them.
• Organizes events for client training and entertainment. Participates in determining meeting/seminar agendas, prepares meeting/seminar materials, performs site research, coordinates logistics, develops invitation and follow-up pieces, and oversees registration.
• Initiates and implements all advertising and public relations activities. Researches and solicits new PR and advertising opportunities. Maintains a database of all PR and advertising contacts. Develops press releases and articles. Ensures the distribution of articles and ads.
• Develops and oversees the proper production and distribution of promotional/collateral/marketing support materials including direct mail, newsletters, brochures, reprints, and PowerPoint presentations.
• Serves as primary liaison with Thomson Reuters, the firm’s website agency and other marketing-related vendors.
• Serves as a communication liaison between partners, managers, and other staff within the office to enhance communication levels though producing and managing an internal newsletter.
• Prepares, defends and performs against the firm’s annual marketing budget.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
• Typically five (5) or more years marketing experience, with previous experience in the professional services industry.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field.
• Strong writing and communication skills. Internet proficiency. Ability to be creative, organized and proactive. Must have the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects. Must have the ability to analyze a variety of information and respond accordingly. Must have follow-up skills.
• A thinker and a doer. A team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get the job done. Patient, and understands the challenges of marketing in a professional services environment.
• Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Constant Contact and confidence in learning new technologies.
Please forward resume and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org.