Job Title: Director of Marketing and Business Development
Company: Wicker Smith
Location: Miami or Orlando, FL
Wicker Smith seeks an experienced law firm marketing professional to assume its newly created Director of Marketing and Business Development position. This position offers an excellent opportunity for a #2 or #3 person in a law firm marketing department to take on the top marketing position with a firm that is ready and committed to take its marketing programs to the next level.
The Director of Marketing and Business Development will be responsible for recommending and managing marketing activities that support the attorneys in achieving the visibility, growth and profitability objectives of the Firm.
- Understand and assist in executing all aspects of the marketing and business development program to support the Firm’s long-term strategic goals and objectives.
- Work closely and effectively with Firm attorneys and support staff across all office.
- Develop and implement marketing plans and budgets at the Firm, practice group and individual attorney levels.
- Track, analyze and report on results of marketing and business development efforts.
- Work closely with outside consultants and vendors, including necessary internal approvals.
- Assist in the identification of and response to opportunities and development of RFPs, new business proposals, marketing materials, and presentations.
-Attend and participate in practice group meetings to present and discuss marketing and business development activities.
- Facilitate the identification, planning, implementation, and follow-up on new business or cross- marketing opportunities.
- Maintain and update Firm’s marketing and collateral materials, including brochures, websites, and other written and electronic marketing materials on ongoing basis.
- Develop and manage Firm PR/media strategy, including serving as liaison for any outside public relations company engaged by the Firm.
- Research, monitor and vet client relations and sales issues and topics to stay abreast of emerging trends and suggest best practices.
- Maintain good working relationships with the press to facilitate the publicity efforts of the Firm.
- Develop and maintain the Firm’s marketing database to coordinate distribution of Firm publications including client updates, invitations, announcements, and other materials.
- Coordinate Firm and attorney listings in appropriate local, state and national directories.
- Provide partner and associate training in marketing and business development, including social media policy and training.
- Oversee all aspects of client event administration, including venues, food and beverage, handout materials, etc.
- Travel occasionally to the Firm’s other offices, client events, and/or legal industry events.
- Five or more years of experience in professional services firm marketing, preferably in a law firm environment.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal relations, written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure, excellent problem-solver and team player.
- Ability to handle stress associated with fast-paced work environment, multiple priorities and tasks.
- Capacity to build and maintain strong working relationships at all levels in the organization.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to JRemsen@TheRemsenGroup.com.