Job Title: Business Development Coordinator
Company: Ogletree Deakins Law Firm
Location: Atlanta, GA
Ogletree Deakins is one of the largest labor and employment law firms representing management in all types of employment-related legal matters. The firm has 800 lawyers located in 51 offices across the United States, Canada, Europe and Mexico. Ogletree Deakins has been named a Law Firm of the Year six consecutive years by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms.” In 2017, the publication named Ogletree Deakins its “Law Firm of the Year” in the Employment Law - Management category. In addition to handling labor and employment law matters, the firm has thriving practices focused on business immigration, employee benefits, and workplace safety and health law. Ogletree Deakins represents a diverse range of clients, from small businesses to Fortune 50 companies.
Ogletree Deakins has the opportunity for a Business Development Coordinator to join the firm’s expanding practice in our Atlanta, GA office.
We are fully committed to the importance of diversity within the legal profession, as well as all workplace environments and strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm.
Summary of Position:
The Business Development Coordinator is a member of the Client Services department and reports to the Director of Major Accounts and Proposals. From day to day, assists in the preparation of business development proposals and requests for proposals (RFPs). Communicates heavily with attorneys, office administrators, and practice assistants; as such, there is an emphasis on a “customer-service” approach. Also assists with the firm’s marquee events, as needed.
• Evaluates, monitors and tracks existing business development plans/efforts on an ongoing basis to ensure deadlines are met and commitments kept
• Assists in collecting and categorizing past responses to RFPs
• Oversees the maintenance of descriptions about the firm and works closely with Client Information Risk Services (CIRS) to ensure that client and industry data is monitored and updated regularly
• Assists in the proposal process, including drafting and assembling RFPs, pitches and other presentation materials tailored to meet the needs and interests of the target
• Tracking of proposal results and maintaining a proposal database
• Assists in responding to attorneys’ special requests in connection with research and information regarding clients and potential clients
• Assists with maintenance of content management database
• Provides other support for the firm’s attorneys and the Client Services department
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 3+ years of marketing and law firm experience preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
• Excellent customer service skills and professionalism
• Must be able to multi-task, be detail oriented, accurate, and act with a sense of urgency when needed
• Ability to professionally communicate with a wide variety of individuals
• Respond to inquiries, and provide feedback in a timely, professional manner
• Able to conduct research using Internet databases
• Proficient in all Microsoft applications, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• InDesign experience a plus
• Limited travel and moderate overtime
Ogletree Deakins offers a robust suite of benefits for our Staff including: Paid Time Off, Sick Time, a 401K matching program, Profit Sharing, 9 Paid Holidays, affordable Health and Life Insurance including Dental & Vision coverage, Health Savings Account (HSA)/Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) to help offset the cost of dependent care and/or health care expenses, Teladoc (24/7 access to a doctor by phone or online video), Tuition Reimbursement and an EAP Program.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are not working with outside recruiters for this position.
To apply for this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business Development Coordinator” in the subject line.