Job Title: Marketing Strategist & Client Retention Rep
Company: Thomson Reuters, Checkpoint Marketing For Firms
Our team is growing!
The Marketing Strategist\Client Retention Rep acts as the primary point of contact for assigned clients. This position is responsible for retaining existing revenue and managing client relationships in order to achieve revenue retention targets within an assigned territory or team remotely (e.g. by phone or online). Primary duties include: account management, overseeing the on-boarding of new clients, renewing existing clients and sharing best practices to expand product use and maximize value for clients. Must be able to connect with decision makers, manage and negotiate client issues and contracts. Must be able to articulate product features, recognize risk and resolve it, and assess additional opportunities for revenue growth.
- Meets and exceeds targets of increasing customer retention and overall territory value via telephone based account management.
- Strategize with clients regarding their goals, share best practices and provide guidance to achieve goals and properly position solutions we offer.
- Prepare new proposals and effectively negotiate to secure contract renewals. Provide accurate pricing and discount information.
- Communicate with customers on a quarterly basis to build a relationship as a solutions resource.
- Lead the onboarding process ensuring a successful implementation of solutions.
- Coordinate activities with customer service reps and sales reps in an expeditious manner to serve the needs of the client and act on opportunities for revenue growth.
- Identify new sales opportunities and team with sales to close opportunities.
- Accurately reports retention activities on all required reports as requested by management in a timely fashion.
- Maintains a working knowledge of company products, special sales programs and marketing efforts.
- Maintains knowledge of internal business systems to efficiently gather and research customer information and resolve customer account issues.
- Participates in product and skills training programs and conducts webinars to educate clients.
- Have an understanding of the marketing process for professional clients (i.e. accountants and lawyers) and how the various tactics and tools available work together.
Technical / Professional Skills & Competencies
- Excellent knowledge of marketing needs for professional clients (accountants, lawyers, banks).
- Strong account management and customer service skills.
- Ability to overcome objections, negotiate contracts and communicate value proposition.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to interact professionally with internal and external customers.
- Professional attitude and strong service orientation.
- Highly motivated with the ability to meet scheduled deadlines in a fast-paced, service-driven environment.
- Demonstrated business acumen of the expansive customer base, products, systems and processes end-to-end.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Must be capable of maintaining and establishing relationships with C-level contacts in small to large-sized firms. Must be comfortable interacting with various staff levels.
- Partners and collaborates with sales reps, customer service, product management and other business units supporting customers.
- Key external relationships: industry and market groups; may also interact with prospective clients.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience working in an account management and sales environment.
- Experience working in a marketing function in a professional services organization (CPA or law firms)
- Focusing on customers
- Driving results
- Collaborating in a matrix environment
Why is Thomson Reuters a great place for me to work?
Each of us brings a unique perspective to our work. That perspective is shaped by where we live, the business we advance, and the decisions we influence. But true impact isn't something any of us achieves alone. It's only possible when
ideas connect and talents are shared. Together, the power of our perspectives will move the world. That's why you're being invited to Bring it.
Interested? Please click here to apply online: https://toc.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=jreq075641