Job Title: Marketing Manager
Company: Sax LLP
Location: Clifton, NJ
The Marketing Manager position encompasses a wide range of activities with involvement in all phases of marketing, communication and public relations. The marketing Manager puts the firm’s needs first and works closely with the Partners on problem solving and decision making.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Proactively identify PR opportunities
• Draft industry-specific promotional materials, ads, web copy, e-blasts, press releases, bylines, blogs, event scripts, etc.
• Research and proactively recommend editorial opportunities to media outlets
• Research award opportunities and draft nominations
• Manage promotional item inventory and orders
• Arrange trade show opportunities and materials
• Manage the schedule, creation, ghostwriting, and distribution of firm’s monthly email marketing campaigns
• Strategize and develop content for social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
• Work with Partners and Staff on LinkedIn page design
• Develop content for the quarterly firm e-newsletter (edit/ghostwrite articles, strategize design concepts)
• Manage content development and updates to website pages
• Work with vendors to enhance user features, track analytics, troubleshoot problems, etc.
• Work with vendor on SEO Campaign
• Proactively suggest enhancements to website design, content, and effectiveness
• Work with ad reps to strategize placement dates, sizes and special issues
• Manage/execute existing annual media strategy
• Propose industry-specific advertising opportunities, based on target markets/demographics
• Provide ad copy and collaborate with vendor on design concepts
• Assist with the creation of concepts and content for all client and prospect-facing marketing materials
• Trade Show Banners
• Event Invitations
• Graphic Presentations
• Manage the design and updates of firm stationery, folders, building signage and other branded collateral
• Review proposals submission before they are presented to a potential client
• Create invitations and promotional material for firm events
• Assist with the creation of invitations and promotional materials
• Assist with event details such as venue selection, A/V needs, registration, speaker outreach, sponsors, etc.
• Contribute to niche marketing meetings
• Work with internal teams to proactively identify PR & Advertising opportunities
• Assist with the organization and promotion of firm-sponsored industry events
• Create content for client and internal employee feedback surveys
• Collect and draft content for internal newsletter
• Create graphic presentations for training, town halls and other internal meetings
• Assist with internal events, such as Bring Your Kids to Work Day, annual summer picnic, internal happy hours, etc.
• Assist with the firm's charitable initiatives and fundraising
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in marketing, communications or PR
• 5-8 years of marketing, communications and/or PR experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Preferably experience in a professional service industry.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with diverse personalities; tactful, mature and flexible.
• Ability to operate independently and “self-manage” projects.
• Well-developed management skills.
• Ability to establish credibility and be decisive, but able to recognize and support the partnership’s preferences and priorities.
• Results and profit-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.
• Participative management style, advocates team concept.
• High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities.
• Strong computer skills.
Sax LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.