Job Title: Business Development Manager
Company: Wisconsin Institute of CPAs (WICPA)
Location: Waukesha, WI
The WICPA is seeking a Business Development Manager with strong interpersonal and communication skills, enhanced sales and marketing skills, a focus on organization, experience researching market trends, targeting relationships and using proven methods to develop and manage promotional opportunities with vendors desiring to reach the WICPA membership, foster new prospects and interact with existing advertisers and sponsors to increase and maintain non-dues revenue streams and support cross-marketing initiatives to members about the value and benefits of opportunities with partners.
Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or other related degree with minimum five (5) years’ experience in sales with a proven track record of building solid relationships with a wide range of businesses. Experience researching marketing trends, targeting relationships, using proven methods to develop business strategy and developing budgets. Preferred advertising or affinity sales experience and/or experience working with associations. Highly motivated multi-tasking self-starter with strong negotiation skills and capable of follow through. Demonstrated ability to be organized, detail-oriented, flexible, work well under pressure and should be comfortable working independently and as part of a team. Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to persuade others. Proficient with Microsoft Office and project management and CRM databases. Must possess a valid driver’s license, have a reliable sou rce of transportation and must be able to travel as scheduled. Must be able to work additional time as required.
New Business Development
• Research prospective accounts in targeted markets, pursue leads and follow through to a successful agreement.
• Prospect and develop new sponsors to grow events and programs and print and digital advertising in publications and on website.
• Cold call as appropriate to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
• Identify potential clients and the decision makers within the client organization.
• Engage in ongoing communication with business partners through regular status meetings.
• Track and monitor information and interactions in CRM.
• Maintain positive relationships with business partners through the creation of customized professional proposals based on vendor’s target audience, business goals and level of financial support.
• Ensure all agreed upon services are implemented and described per contracts.
• Serve as liaison to vendors for submission of all advertising or other marketing materials to be provided by vendor.
• Attend and manage partners at all events, which includes communication, preparation of vendor materials for pre-event planning, management at the event and post-event follow up.
• Provide partners with constructive feedback in regard to ads or marketing activities to improve impact to members.
• Create awareness of vendor benefits to members by providing updated information for internal print and digital ads, reviewing ad proofs, receiving vendor approval when required, writing quarterly member benefit emails and possible articles for publications, emails and the website.
• Identify, create and implement activities that encourage interaction between registrants and vendors.
Business Development Planning
• Research, recommend, develop and maintain partnership policies, protocols, proposals, benefits and pricing to protect the WICPA, members and business partners including affinity partnerships, sponsorships, and print and digital advertising in publications and on website.
• Attend functions, such as events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
• Identify opportunities that will lead to an increase in sales.
• Using knowledge of the market, competitors and members, identify and develop unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management & Research
• Develop and implement a strategic plan to achieve annual sales and profit objectives.
• Understand the association’s goal and purpose to continue to enhance relationships, offer new products and services for members and increase non-dues revenue.
• Review what is being done in other state societies, associations and makes recommendations for improvements.
• Develop and maintain schedules, budgets, databases and reports necessary to operating and growing accounts.
• Track and record activity on accounts and close deals to meet targets.
• Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the CRM.
• Act as a staff liaison for business partners in developing and maintaining positive interactions with staff and members.
• Attend meetings as requested to provide information and develop an understanding of the events/services sponsorships support.
• Schedule and facilitate meetings as needed with appropriate staff to update status of sales and discuss new program and service innovation ideas to identify business partner opportunities.
• Communicate special developments, information or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate staff.
• Provide the marketing and design team with the information they need to develop business development marketing materials.
• Educate staff and volunteers about the value of business partnerships.
• Ensure accurate and timely billing on a monthly basis.
• Reconcile revenue accounts with accounting on a monthly basis.
• Prepare quarterly and year-end summary of sales results.
• Assist with creating yearly media kit in both print and digital versions.
Competitive compensation and commission package including:
• Great work culture
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
• 401(k) plan plus generous employer contribution
• Paid vacation, holiday, and personal time
• Elective Friday afternoons off in summer
• “Dress for your day” atmosphere
• Professional development opportunities
Send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to HR@wicpa.org. No phone calls please.