Job Title: Business Development Manager
Company: Phelps Dunbar LLP
Location: New Orleans, LA or Tampa, FL
Phelps Dunbar is currently expanding our marketing and business development group. We are looking for someone who is forward thinking in legal services and can build relationships with key shareholders. The Business Development Manager (BDM) reports directly to the Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer and is responsible for positioning the firm in assigned industries and developing qualified opportunities from prospective and current clients. The BDM will work closely with the marketing and business development team on a regional and national basis.
• Arrange business opportunity meetings between Phelps Dunbar partners/attorneys and potential key decision makers.
• Collaborate with Phelps Dunbar’s marketing and business development group to develop plans that can be executed in the field.
• Collaborate with Phelps Dunbar practice group leaders to help strengthen client relationships and promote all of the firm’s service offerings.
• Help establish service offerings to clients in designated industries and regions.
• Perform market research and competitive intelligence to help identify qualified prospects and determine needs, including editorial content for speaking engagements and writing opportunities.
• Draft and produce proposals and responses to RFPs from clients and potential clients, including content development.
• Liaise with marketing communications to help develop media opportunities for attorneys and help prepare external client communications.
• Represent the firm in the planning, execution and participation in industry events.
• Conduct research on cutting-edge, novel areas of the law and help to forecast trends.
• Evaluate outcomes of business development of activities.
• Assist in the development of related collateral.
• A minimum of five years of professional services industry experience in a marketing/business development role.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Strong writing and presentation skills including editing with attention to detail.
• The ability to collaborate with groups and individuals at all levels. Computer proficient with excellent technological skills including proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat. Other software skills, including Adobe Creative Suite, are a plus.
• Travel to the firm’s offices, industry and other events as needed.
With offices positioned along the Gulf Coast from Texas to Florida, Phelps Dunbar is a regional law firm of more than 275 attorneys uniquely equipped to serve clients in the major commercial centers of the burgeoning “Third Coast” of the United States. Locations in New Orleans and Baton Rouge, Louisiana; Jackson, Tupelo and Gulfport, Mississippi; Houston and Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas; Tampa, Florida; Mobile, Alabama as well as Raleigh, North Carolina; and London, England enable Phelps Dunbar to serve clients not only along the Third Coast, but also the South, nationwide and abroad.
*Please send salary requirements, cover letter and bio to firstname.lastname@example.org*