Job Title: Content Specialist
Organization: Cohen & Company
Location: Cleveland, OH
Cohen & Company offers a full range of accounting, tax and consulting services to clients based throughout the United States. The firm serves dynamic, privately held companies and their owners; and the investment industry, including public and private funds. Recognized as one of the top accounting firms in the country, Cohen & Company is rooted in technical excellence and is driven every day to listen, engage, and deliver sustainable value. The firm was founded in 1977 and has more than 650 associates throughout Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. What makes us different is our culture built on energy, discipline, results and – most importantly – personal commitment to our clients.
Many firm wide initiatives are often developed and executed by our Corporate Shared Services Department which includes Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Information Technology, and Support Services. As a valued member of the Marketing Department, the Content Specialist will work within the Department and with others throughout the firm to execute communications programs and initiatives that support the firm’s business objectives. This position requires a strong emphasis on B2B writing and editing. This position will reside in our Cleveland Office.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Thought Leadership – Coordinate the firm’s market-facing monthly and quarterly niche blog posts and newsletters, including scheduling, editing and working closely with various individuals within the firm to execute
• Professional Biographies - Coordinate the creation and ongoing updates of bios for managers through partners, working directly with those individuals from initial contact through drafting, editing, approvals and uploading to the firm’s website
• Digital Media
o Cultivate, write and edit social media posts regularly for the firm’s social platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook)
o Write and edit copy for the firm’s various websites
o Write and edit copy for client-facing email communications
• Develop content to support events, sponsorships and other programs, including ads, firm profiles, etc.
• Write and edit award nominations for the firm and individuals
• Assist with firmwide internal communications projects, including working with cross-functional teams
• Assist with media relations, as necessary, including writing news releases
• Assist in creating content for new business proposals and client/prospect meeting materials
• Proof marketing collateral, as requested
• Assist in overseeing the consistency of the Cohen & Company brand voice across all regions, platforms and tactics
Education & Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in English preferred; also will consider journalism, communications or other relevant field
• Five years of experience demonstrating exceptional B2B writing, editing, grammatical and proofing skills
• Extremely detail-oriented, critical thinker who can adapt technical content effectively in a variety of styles and tones for various platforms and audiences
• Experience with an accounting, law or other professional services firm preferred
• Proficient in AP style of writing
• Exceptional project management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, while meeting deadlines and delivering awesome internal client service
• Able to work with all levels within the organization, from CEO and partners, to staff and support teams
• Exhibit excellent work ethic, strong problem-solving skills and tenacity
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Proactive, optimistic, solution-oriented individuals looking to join a fantastic team
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Click on the link below to apply: