Business Development SpecialistOrganization:
The business development specialist works closely with the firm's chief marketing officer and members of the marketing/business development team to provide strategic business development and marketing support across the firm’s practices and industries, including with respect to the creation of company and industry profiles, pitches and RFPs, directory submissions, client-facing event management, and conference and tradeshow support. This position will be based Bridgewater, with occasional travel required to the satellite offices.
NOTE: Although this position is technically based in the firm's Bridgewater, NJ officer, the selected candidate will be required to work remotely from home 100% of the time until pandemic restrictions ease and we resume normal office operations.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
· Research and draft pitches, proposals and RFP responses to facilitate the generation of business development leads;
· Assist with the development and execution of business development plans for practice groups and individual practitioners;
· Work directly with attorneys as a business development coach.
· Research, analyze and identify opportunities in key industry sectors and with target clients; analyze competitors and their service offerings and identify opportunities to raise the profile of the practices and practitioners;
· Analyze markets and conduct research into industries, sectors, clients, and competition in order to inform strategic planning and identify business opportunities;
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that efforts are efficient and synchronized across business development support services.
· Manage and execute client-facing events (mixers, happy hours, seminars).
· Manage and coordinate conference and tradeshow support for assigned practice/industry groups.
· Bachelor’s degree required; certification as a business development coach is a plus.
· 3+years of business development or strategy experience within a professional services or law firm;
· Superior research and writing skills;
· Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed manner, meet deadlines and thrive in a dynamic work environment;
· Must exhibit sound judgment, strong attention to detail, effective problem solving skills, and an ability to make low-impact decisions with minimal supervision.
· Advanced computer literacy skills, including proficiency with MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and template-based SaaS products (e.g., Hubspot/Marketing Hub/Sales Hub).
Interested candidates should submit their resume with a CV/resume that outlines candidate's salary expectations. Click here