Job Title: Senior Business Development Coordinator - Health Sciences
Organization: Troutman Pepper
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Troutman Pepper has an immediate opening for a Senior Business Development Coordinator supporting the Health Sciences Department. This position will be located in the firm’s Philadelphia office (other Troutman Pepper locations may be considered) and will report to the Senior Business Development Manager. This role will work collaboratively with, and as an integral part of, the Marketing and Business Development team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in developing and implementing strategies to cultivate business with current and prospective clients.
• Conduct client, prospect, industry, competitor and market research/analysis to inform targeted business development
• Assist in the creation of high quality, tailored pitch materials, responses to RFPs and client presentations.
• Assist with the development of legal directory and award submissions.
• Coordinate the planning and execution of events, sponsorships, webinars and speaking engagements. This includes
venue research, coordinating budget and logistics, drafting marketing communications (invitations, presentations,
collateral, etc.), coordinating with vendors, program development, on-site support, tracking and follow up activities.
• Work with the firm’s communications team to effectively promote the successes of the attorneys, including identifying
media, publishing and speaking opportunities that align with the profile-raising objectives of the practices.
• Identify cross-practice connections and opportunities for practices to increase internal visibility.
• Collect matter data for inclusion in Foundation, the firm’s experience management system.
• Coordinate marketing expense approvals and help manage practice budgets.
• Handle InterAction-related functions—develop and maintain marketing lists and business development activities,
research, reports, etc.
• Prior work history supporting a corporate/transactional practice or similar experience desired.
• Strong understanding of deal terminology and corporate finance would be a plus.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong project and process management experience.
• Highly motivated, creative and collaborative.
• Must be organized and attentive to detail.
• Work well under pressure and able to manage simultaneous, time-sensitive deadlines across assigned practices.
• Flexible to manage demands outside of traditional business hours.
• Successful candidate is proactive and able to remain flexible while delivering high quality work in a fast-paced
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• College degree required and at least three (3) years of marketing and business development experience, preferably
within a law firm or a professional services organization.