Job Title: Marketing Content and Proposal Writer
Company: Friedman LLP
Location: New York, New York
About the Position
A leading accounting and consulting firm headquartered in Manhattan is seeking a Content and Proposal Writer to join our marketing team. You will be responsible for writing and editing a wide array of communications related to business development, firm happenings, and niche marketing.
If you are a passionate wordsmith who enjoys working on a variety of projects in a fast-paced, growing, and collaborative environment, read on!
Please provide 2 writing samples with your application.
• Proposals: Includes writing custom proposals, developing a new template, organizing a content library, and managing the proposal process.
• Pitch Decks: Revamping current template and creating customized decks, when needed.
• Professional Bios: Writing and editing bios; managing the process for ongoing updates.
• Awards: Identifying, monitoring, and evaluating award opportunities across geographies and industries. Drafting submissions and promoting the wins internally and externally.
• Firm news: Writing and promoting the news internally and externally. Topics relate to our Women’s Development Network, firm philanthropy, HR initiatives, firm mergers, new service lines, partner additions, professional promotions, the firm’s international accounting association (DFK), and more.
• Collateral: Writing industry and service line “slip sheets” and other brochures or collateral, as needed. Includes managing updates across our collateral.
• Ads and Advertorials
• Articles and Blog Posts: Editing and ghost writing for select service or industry niches
• Special Projects: Working on special projects, as needed, such as white papers, eBooks, case studies, email campaigns, video transcripts, and more.
Skills and qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in English, Journalism, or a related field
• 6-8 years of experience in a related role, preferably in a professional services setting
• 2 years of experience in proposal writing highly desired
• Superior writing, editing, and proof reading skills, with an ability to synthesize and customize content based on the target audience, type of communication, and objective
• Ability to make complex, technical content interesting and understandable for any audience
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail with love of language and proof reading
• Proficiency with digital communication methods, including social media
• Enthusiasm for learning new techniques to engage audiences
• Creative thinker with willingness to communicate ideas
• Ability to collaborate with a variety of individuals, including senior executives, and build consensus to execute projects
• Strong proficiency in MS office
• Knowledge of SEO and graphic design is a plus
Since 1924, Friedman LLP has been much more than an accounting and consulting firm. We offer tax, accounting, auditing, forensic and management advisory services to publicly/privately held companies and individuals. Our accessibility, personal commitment, entrepreneurial spirit and specialized expertise exemplify the qualities of our client service. We’ve become our clients’ trusted business partner while preserving the team-environment that has helped us prosper. Friedman has been ranked as a "Best Place to Work" by multiple business publications, including Inc. Magazine, NJ BIZ, and Long Island Business News.
For more information please contact Kristin Finnerty at firstname.lastname@example.org.