Marketing Manager / Marketing Senior ManagerOrganization:
San Francisco, CA; Redwood City, CA; or San Jose, CAOVERIVEW
The Marketing Manager / Senior Manager (marketing manager) will report to the Director of Marketing. The focus of the role is to support the Director of Marketing on strategic work while serving as a leader in the execution of various programs, strategies, projects, and initiatives within Seiler’s marketing and business development functions. The firm is on a growth trajectory, and we’re looking for a specialist who can not only help us support these expansion opportunities but also do so evermore effectively, efficiently and beautifully. This position is meant to build on the team’s existing marketing operations foundation and move it forward.
The marketing department is a small team, and we are looking for a seasoned marketer with the ability to seamlessly move from strategic planning to execution. The ideal candidate will have broad knowledge of many marketing functions with strengths/specialization in a few.
Currently, the marketing team oversees a vast array of activities, including the content, website, events, emails, vendor management, databases, public relations, pitches/proposals, marketing research, business development skills training, presentations, collateral, social media, internal communications, and marketing operations, among others. This role is intended to take on a few of these core areas of marketing activity, and exercise ownership and accountability over them. This means ensuring that our approach and execution are in alignment with the firm and department strategic objectives. It is also expected that ownership involves making sure we are bringing the right approach, tools, resources, thought process, prioritization, etc. to tasks at all times.
Our marketing strategy reflects the firm’s level of services, focusing highly on quality relationships with clients, referral sources, centers of influence, and internal relationships with our partners and managers. Consequently, experience working with diverse personality types and work styles is mission critical.
The marketing department also plays a part in supporting individual partners on their individual BD activities. We work with a number of vendors, contractors, and other third parties, so, knowing how to navigate different people and complex organizations is essential.
Finally, the ideal candidate will possess a keen eye for detail and design/layout, an innate sense of client-centric communications and the client journey, an abiding desire to learn more, amazing time management and project management skills, and the drive to proactively take their skills to the next level.
We’re looking for someone who has a passion for marketing, communications and branding, and who is tuned into the ever-changing trends and best practices in this discipline. We want to work with someone who employs a great balance between being an independent self-starter and being a collaborative, communicative teammate.
Like every other position on the marketing team, this position will need to be open to occasional before-/after-hours work to cover things like tradeshow tables or, seminar setup/breakdown.
This is the kind of position that has the tendency to grow, so if you thrive on learning new things and expanding your domain over time, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
- Bachelor’s degree with 7+ years of experience for manager / 10+ years of experience for senior manager working in marketing, sales operations, business development, account management, advertising, or PR
- At least 3 years of working with a professional services firm (accounting, legal, consulting, design, engineering, etc.)**
- A resume that demonstrates progressive advancement with increased responsibility and skill development over time
- Outstanding project management skills
- Exceptional time management
- Events management experience
- Robust business writing skills, with high proficiency in editing
- Advanced proficiency in MS PPT, intermediate-to-advanced proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel
- LOTS of experience with creating proposals, pitch books, statements of qualification, and/or presentations
- Some experience with email production with a marketing automation tool preferred (e.g. Mailchimp, Marketo, Pardot, HubSpot)
- Experience with CRM (e.g. Sugar, HubSpot, Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.), performing such tasks as data import, light cleanup, routine maintenance, list and report generation, opportunity tracking, sales task management
- Knowledge of how to perform simple website updates using a CMS (e.g. WordPress)
- Experience with corporate social media
- Proficiency with data analysis and reporting (gathering data, generating key insights, producing a beautiful report/presentation) for such things as marketing activity and ROI, client data trends, etc.
- (Strongly Preferred) Some skill and comfort with networking at events (e.g. at a tradeshow table, at association meetings)
- (A Plus) Some graphic design experience (Canva ok)
*Please note that we will be validating applicants’ proficiency with certain tools (e.g. MS PPT) and skills (e.g. writing) by way of proficiency tests, requests for work samples, feedback from your references, and other means.
**Please note experience working with professional services is listed as a requirement. If you do not have this experience, we request that you take time to explain in your cover letter how your past experience correlates with the unique environment of a professional services firm.SOFT SKILL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- A growth mindset
- Good common sense and critical thinking skills
- Confidence in what you know, humility about what you don’t
- Attention to detail in all things
- Superior inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to ask great questions and be proactive
Applicants must be able to pass a background check and must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.ABOUT SEILER
For 60 years, Seiler LLP has provided advisory, tax and accounting services to some of the world’s most affluent individuals and families, successful privately-held businesses, and impactful non-profit organizations. Our clients include prominent business, community, and philanthropic leaders, as well as multi-generational high-net-worth families and successful entrepreneurs.
Based in Silicon Valley and San Francisco, we deliver the sophisticated solutions, innovative thinking, global capabilities, and highly personalized service our clients require to navigate the complexities of their financial worlds, not only for today but for many years to come. Recognitions:
- San Francisco Business Times’s and Silicon Valley Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work 2017”
- INSIDE Public Accounting’s “Fastest-Growing Firms” of 2016
- INSIDE Public Accounting’s “Best of the Best Accounting Firms” in the United States for 13 years and counting
- INSIDE Public Accounting’s “Top 100 Firm” for 13 years and counting
- Accounting Today’s “Top 100 Firm” for 12 years and counting
For more information please contact Leah Yoneda
, Director of Marketing.