Job Title: Business Development Coordinator - Tax
Company: Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP
Location: Atlanta, GA or Washington, DC
Eversheds Sutherland has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Coordinator for tax in Atlanta or Washington, DC. This position is responsible for helping drive revenue through the support and facilitation of targeted marketing and business development activities, including tax events, publications, videos and webcasts, social media, web presence, marketing materials and bios, and CRM. In addition, this role supports the tax practice in tracking marketing activities, coordinating internal communications, and assisting with general business administration. This position will be assigned to the tax practice and, in many respects, will act as a gateway to all of the services offered by the Marketing Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Event Coordination: Provides significant support for tax speaking engagements, event sponsorships, CLE and CPE trainings, video shoots and webcasts. Serves as the liaison between the Events team and the tax marketing team. Manages deadlines, coordinates attorney speaking opportunities and deliverables, tracks data in CRM, and provides onsite support as needed.
2. External Communications: Assists the communications and tax teams in raising profiles of the tax practice and individual tax partners via alerts, articles, blogs, various tax publications and the SALT Shaker app. Manages deadlines on these various projects, and leads efforts to promote these communications via social media platforms and on the website.
3. Internal communications and tracking: Coordinates and distributes the Global Tax BD report and other internal communications. Maintains tracking reports for the practice, including events, articles etc.
4. Marketing Collateral and Lawyer Biographies: Works with assigned lawyers to ensure that biographies, practice descriptions and office descriptions, among others, are up-to-date and ready for print and web publication.
5. Pitch, RFP and Presentation Support: Provides thorough and proactive presentation and pitch support. This may include drafting and defining pitch material and managing content for the tax group.
6. Research and Analysis: Works with the competitive intelligence department to deliver proactive client, prospect, region, office, competitor and industry research to meet the business development needs as outlined in business development and strategic plans for the tax group.
7. Other practice support: Processes invoices for the tax practice, coordinate holiday gifts, etc.
Standards of Performance:
1. Interacts with personnel in all levels of the organization in a tactful, cooperative and professional manner.
2. Acts with honesty, integrity, courtesy and respect in all instances.
3. Represents the firm well in all interactions.
4. Maintains confidentiality.
5. Earns the trust and respect of others.
6. Works well independently and as a team member.
7. Possesses and conveys an outstanding client service approach for both external and internal clients. Recognizes that all Firm personnel are clients and acts accordingly.
8. Embraces diversity and inclusion, incorporating them into all aspects of role and behavior.
9. Maintains high competency levels and a strong work ethic.
10. Is self-motivated. Takes initiative and is diligent.
11. Works effectively under high pressure.
12. Performs responsibilities in accordance with all Firm standards, policies, and procedures.
13. Works regularly and is present in the office, and has daily in-person communications with supervisor and team.
1. Education: A Bachelor’s degree is required from an accredited college or university.
2. Experience: Three to five years of marketing experience working in a in a similarly sized, multi-office professional services organization. Candidates with MBAs or JDs are a plus.
3. Skills: Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are required. Proven analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads. Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly and user-friendly language. Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office Suite.
4. Travel: This position has minimal travel and visibility in all offices.
5. Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit for 3-4 hours straight. Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
Schmidt Marketing has been retained to conduct this search. Interested and qualified candidates should e-mail their resume, in strictest confidence, to Sally Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org