Remote or San Francisco
What does BPM stand for? Innovation, opportunity, community, diversity, inclusivity, flexibility and so much more.
B-P-M stands for “Because People Matter,” because at our core, our people drive everything we do and how we do it.
We are a forward-thinking, full-service accounting firm providing modern solutions to businesses across the globe. We focus on comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services for our clients, and we provide our people and our community with the resources to lead meaningful and purposeful lives.
While we are one of the largest California-based accounting firms, our flexible work locations and schedules mean we have professionals across the continent. BPM offers a rich diversity in clients, industries, and overall work. Our teams and our clients drive us to provide quality services and ignite unique insights and ideas that contribute to our continued success. Our clients come from different backgrounds and industries, which keep our people intellectually challenged every day.
Our initiatives and ideals lead to our continued recognition as one of the “Best Places to Work” in the Bay Area and beyond. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
PROPOSAL WRITER OVERVIEW:
BPM is looking for a Proposal Writer to join our fast-paces Marketing & Corporate Development team. As a Proposal Writer, you are responsible for the executing the proposal process for the Firm.
We’re looking for someone who is highly-motivated, self-directed, creative, and possesses a positive, can-do attitude. You must enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment; bring the skills necessary to collaborate and work alongside a wide-range of individuals; and be open to input and feedback.
A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals.
The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm.
A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally.
Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work For” by Accounting Today.
YOU HAVE (REQUIREMENTS):
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications or a related field
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years of writing experience, including proposals/RFPs
- Advanced writing, proofreading, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand complex services and value propositions and communicate them in succinct, persuasive written responses
- Excellent project management skills to balance multiple, time-sensitive priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Working knowledge of a professional services/B2B organization preferred
- Superior skills in Microsoft Word, particularly using editing/collaborating functions; additional skills in InDesign and PowerPoint preferred
- Familiarity with proposal software and best practices preferred
- Capable of adhering to deadlines while working on multiple, diverse projects.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment, proactively seeking guidance on complex tasks, as needed
YOU WILL (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Write compelling and persuasive copy to support all aspects of proposals and related presentations and sales materials; complete forms and vendor bid list qualifications; and execute proposal templates
- Facilitate and contribute to proposal strategy and solutions conversations using the firm’s processes and procedures
- Conduct research
- Manage the proposal software and ensure all content is updated on a regular basis
- Translate technical information and business jargon into clear, consistent, and grammatically correct content
- Communicate with engagement teams strategically, posing questions that encourage a team to consider all aspects of the client's position, and draw out essential messaging
- Collaborate with engagement team, graphic designer and content manager to build creative and innovative material
- Ensure compliance with firm protocol, language and brand guidelines
- Adhere to quality principles (responsive, compliant, concise, persuasive), firm brand guidelines and other criteria for compelling and consistent messaging and presentation
- Coordinate proposal production process, working with administrative support as appropriate
- Archive and track proposals
- Report on wins and loses throughout the year and assess where we can improve in the proposal process
- Manage and report on new clients per vertical, as related to compelling proposals
- Create charts, graphs and illustrations in support of proposals and presentations; identify and reuse existing graphics and visuals in documents where relevant; and consult with stakeholders to help develop graphical representations of concepts
- Collaborate with others on the marketing team as needed
- Actively maintain and expand knowledge base in proposal writing and, in the services, provided by the firm
- Provide other marketing support as needed
OTHER SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Must be self-motivated with an ability to take initiative in a challenging, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Impeccable written, communication and oral presentation skills.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to lead and hold others accountable that motivates, inspires and promotes opportunities for growth.
BPM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note - this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.
BPM COVID Vaccination Policy
Effective July 1, 2021, only fully vaccinated employees will be permitted to enter our offices until further notice. Fully vaccinated means there has been a 2 full week period since the last vaccine. Vaccinated employees will be requested to furnish acknowledgement of their vaccination (daily questions in app) and complete a daily health questionnaire in CONDECO. All employees must wear a mask until told otherwise. In addition to health requirements, employees MUST follow our Return to Office (RTO) guidelines and occupancy criteria for a safe return to the office (separate policy). These are temporary guidelines until offices are fully functional. *Accommodations will be made for religious and medical requests with documentation.
Respond to Nicole Rera - email@example.com