Job Title: Marketing Director
Company: PBMares, LLP
Location: Newport News, VA
If you’re talented, enthusiastic and ready to make your mark in professional services marketing, PBMares wants to talk with you.
PBMares is a leading accounting and business consulting firm serving the Mid Atlantic, as well as specialty areas nationwide and internationally. With over 240 employees in Virginia and Maryland, we are a full-service accounting and advisory firm with a strong reputation for integrity and ethical leadership. We are also a firm that has experienced uninterrupted growth throughout our 50-year history. In 2016, we earned the honor of being named as one of the nation’s Top 100 accounting firms by INSIDE Public Accounting, the leading public accounting publication. With so much to offer professionals at all experience levels, PBMares is one firm you definitely want to get to know when you’re ready to move forward in your career.
Be The Marketing Leader in a Market-Leading Firm!
The Marketing Director, based out of our Newport News, VA office, will take a lead role in growing the practice through the promotion of brands and service offerings across business unit segments, industry niches and the firm overall. This role will create brand awareness and drive lead generation through strategic marketing initiatives using a mix of traditional, digital and content marketing campaigns. This person will play a major role in developing and implementing best practices in marketing, business development support and segment development for the firm. The successful candidate will impact positive growth while enhancing the professionalism and image of the firm.
• Sit at the table with executive management to develop market-position vision and growth direction of the firm
• Create and execute the firm’s annual strategic marketing plan.
• Develop and execute strategic marketing plans with individual industry niche and business unit segment leaders and teams.
• Develop and execute departmental budget to support firm’s growth initiatives with accountability for department financial performance.
• Create and implement systems for tracking and reporting key metrics and ROI.
• Coordinate data gathering and meaningful analysis of financial information to supply firm leaders with metrics related to the growth of the firm.
• Produce reports that inform management of revenue risks and opportunities and help firm leaders with decisions to protect and enhance revenue and profit. This includes revenue segmentation, segment financial analysis, pipeline statistics and other relevant measures of growth.
• Manage expectations and educate partners and internal stakeholders about marketing priorities, concepts and program rules.
• Develop marketing communications strategy, development, implementation and support.
• Maintain and enhance brand management, including digital and print presence, working with outsourced graphic designers.
• Develop and implement the firm’s social media strategy.
• Develop and maintain CRM database strategy and implementation.
• Develop and grow a system and strategy of content management and digital push/pull marketing campaigns
• Develop and execute firm related events.
• Drive initiatives in thought leadership including speaking, articles, white papers and other content for professionals.
• Drive appropriate market research to support marketing strategies, including market share analysis and competitor monitoring and analysis.
• Drive the internal marketing program to inform partners and employees of marketing vision, activities and results.
• Oversee support of HR marketing initiatives such as recruiting and employee program branding.
Business Development Support
• Coordinate with the firm’s business developer to support the firm’s pipeline process.
• Identify and manage implementation of appropriate lead generation campaigns.
• Identify need and acquire or develop target lists for targeted campaigns.
• Drive strategic assessment of RFP and lead qualification parameters.
• Design and direct the system of proposal content, production and branding.
• Develop, implement and monitor activities to ensure client loyalty, client feedback, and protection of the core revenue stream.
• Develop strategies with segment and niche leaders to drive growth in their segments using the firm’s methodologies and established growth principles.
• Support the development of segment initiatives, including helping segment leaders and teams develop competencies and execute initiatives to grow their segments.
• Drive and support the design and development of enhancements and new innovative services.
• Drive consultation, training and coaching of segment team members in the firm’s methodologies; empowering marketing team members with the same authority.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field, MBA or other advanced degree a plus.
• A minimum of ten years of experience, preferably in a professional services environment
• Proven experience in support of sales, traditional and digital marketing activities and product management.
• A change agent with proven ability to bring new ideas, concepts and processes to a traditional environment that may have not been exposed to growth best practices.
• Ability to persuasively communicate and sell new concepts and process to all levels within the firm.
• Ability to establish credibility and be decisive, but able to recognize and support the partnership’s point of view.
• Results and profit-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.
• Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
• Participative management style, advocates team concept.
• High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities.
• Superior numerical, data analysis and data mining skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must possess excellent strategic, planning, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills along with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Extremely client service-oriented and client-focused.
• Sound judgment with an empathetic approach and management style – a people person who is flexible and adaptable to changes and who demonstrates ability to overcome obstacles to get the job done.
Our Firm’s policy is to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirements of sponsorship at any point in the future.