Job Title: Director of Marketing
Location: Portland, Maine
Come join our fast growing CPA and Management Consulting Firm. As one of the top 100 Firms in the country, BerryDunn can offer you opportunities to gain control of your career and propel it forward. We invite you to take a look at us at www.berrydunn.com and when you do don’t be surprised if you want to know more!
The Marketing Director will lead and develop a high-performing marketing team dedicated to supporting the firm’s practice groups’ business development activities, and maintaining and enhancing BerryDunn’s brand across all markets. In partnership with the Managing Principal and firm leaders, the Marketing Director develops an overarching plan to support the firm’s practice groups, and enhance our brand to achieve the firm’s Vision.
Responsibilities for this position:
• Work with each practice group or area and the marketing team to develop and execute a marketing plan that leverages BerryDunn’s brand and expertise
• Guide the strategy for all marketing communications and marketing related activities
• Ensure that marketing messages and materials are delivered across all marketing channels (digital, print, electronic) using a consistent process with appropriate controls required to deliver high quality, informative content to a wide variety of markets
• Lead a high performance Marketing team; fostering a success-oriented environment.
• Manage the firm’s website to remain up to date and an effective vehicle for users. Implement regular user experience improvements to keep the site and materials current and effective for the visitors
• Remain abreast of and evaluate emerging marketing tools and techniques; determine if and how they can be useful in delivering BerryDunn’s marketing efforts
• Conduct client and brand research and develop marketing programs to enhance client satisfaction and retention. Analyze and communicate results of research to firm leadership
• Create a comprehensive annual advertising strategy that creates both recognition and specific engagement
• Manage the firm’s public relations and earned media needs including crisis communications should the need arise
• Monitor external events, industry changes, competitor actions and regulatory issues that could affect the need for communications or create opportunities for BerryDunn
• Oversee the contact relationship management and associated databases to maintain effective lists for outbound communication, sales tracking and reporting, and business development activities
• Develop and execute departmental budget to support Firm’s growth initiatives with accountability for department financial performance
• Work with The Recruiting Team to create effective recruitment content, material, and employee branding campaigns
• Monitor internal clients’ satisfaction with the marketing team’s support services and identify and execute changes to improve their experiences
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field, MBA or other advanced degree is a plus
• 10+ years of experience, preferably in a professional services environment
• Senior level experience in brand management, public relations, communications, and marketing, including team-oriented supervisory experience; familiarity with a multi-site, multi-service environment preferred
• Possess excellent strategic, planning, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills along with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, and analytical skills
• Experience supporting new product (service) marketing and adoption
• Experience with marketing testing and statistical analysis
• Experience working with advertising agencies, media buyers, PR professionals, and others to deliver creative material
• Participative management style, advocates team concept
• Client service oriented and client service focus
• Comfortable working with web and internet tools, including social media and web-based contact management systems
• Strong client service focus and can-do attitude
• Thoughtful, open to diverse perspectives, and eager to learn from others
All qualified Candidates should send a resume and cover letter indicating interest to email@example.com