Job Title: Marketing Manager
Company: Geffen Mesher
Location: Portland, OR
Geffen Mesher, one of Portland’s most established and exceptional public accounting firms, is seeking an experienced Marketing Manager to join our team. Geffen Mesher has a long history of supporting the lives, plans and goals of people – those we serve as well as those who call the firm home.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for the ongoing Marketing activities and initiatives for the firm. Areas of responsibility include proposal writing, brand management, content development for our website, advertisements, social media, planning and execution of marketing events, and media relations.
The ideal candidate will have solid experience leading or serving with a marketing department in a professional environment and be able to comfortably interact with all levels of employees and management.
The Marketing Manager works closely with all levels of firm leadership, the Chief Operating Officer, the Business Development Director and the Talent Development Manager in executing the marketing strategy for the firm.
Our beautiful office is conveniently located to mass transit in downtown Portland. Geffen Mesher believes in treating our employees well. We offer excellent benefits - paid health insurance, life & LTD insurance, an excellent 401K/Profit Sharing Plan, and four weeks of PTO accrual in the first year. We also have summer hours, excellent paid parental leave offerings, as well as a flexible work culture.
Duties and responsibilities are as follows. Other duties may be assigned:
Strategic Planning and Brand Management
• Plan, execute and monitor marketing plans for the firm at large and for each primary service line or industry group.
• Oversee the strategy, content, and execution for external and internal communications (e.g., brand management, public relations and advertising, crisis management, proposals, website content, website SEO, brochures, white papers, speeches, newsletters, client surveys, and direct mail pieces)
• Oversee the execution of all firm sponsored events, seminars and sponsorships and the firm’s related investment.
• Work closely with journalists, publishers, and advertising agencies to develop and/or maintain our firm’s image and brand
• Develop and maintain our social media presence
Internal support – training, communications and mentoring
• Train and rehearse shareholders for their presentations (e.g., speeches, press and media interviews)
• Write and edit copy for all of the firm’s internal and external communication (website, brochures, newsletters, advertising campaign, press releases, speaking engagements and proposals)
• Assist in the mentoring of management and other interested personnel in community awareness and activities and development and execution of personal marketing plans.
Other Responsivities / Priorities
• Supervise one direct report, the Marketing and Graphic Design Specialist
• Implement a CRM system to include all clients, and referral sources
• Work with Talent Development Manager on recruiting messaging, content, brand awareness and marketing materials
Education, Experience and Skills Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a genuine helpful attitude, an innovative, proactive approach to business, and an ability to work with professionalism, discretion and accountability. Candidates should also have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, including follow up skills.
At least 4-5 years of Marketing experience required (experience in a professional setting preferred).
Candidates should also have solid knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe along with experience working in other marketing/design software and tools.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field