Job Title: Business Development & Marketing Coordinator
Company: Sidley Austin LLP
Location: Chicago, IL
The Business Development Coordinator will be a central part of the team that primarily serves a portfolio of practice areas including IP Litigation, Antitrust/Competition and Supreme Court and Appellate. The Coordinator is involved in a variety of projects including: assisting in the creation and maintenance of business development and marketing collateral (including pitches, presentations and practice materials); coordinating drafts of directory submissions and client references; and coordinating activities to improve the profile of the practices involving outside organizations, such as sponsorships and other major events. S/He takes an active role in learning about assigned practice areas and developing the groups' and the Firm's internal knowledge base regarding its clients and potential clients. The Marketing Coordinator also works closely with the other Business Development Managers, Specialists and Coordinators in other global offices to coordinate marketing efforts. It is essential that the Marketing Coordinator is a self-starter, who works well in a team environment across multiple offices and time zones.
In coordination with the team's Business Development Manager, Associate Director Business Development and the Director of Business Development for the IP Litigation, Antitrust/Competition and Supreme Court and Appellate practices:
• Assist Business Development Manager and/or lawyers in the preparation of client proposals and pitches, through formal RFP response processes as well as on an ad hoc basis.
• Draft and edit practice group descriptions, client presentations and edit lawyer biographies to further develop the Firm's business development opportunities. Work with Manager and pitch/proposal team members to help maintain library of materials for pitches, proposals and RFP responses.
• Help to maintain the management and tracking of representative experience lists.
• Conduct research on clients/prospective clients and industry trends along with occasional competitive intelligence projects to develop knowledge of our clients, their industries and their legal needs.
• Update practice information on the Firm's website and intranet site, as well as coordinating occasional publication of practice and transaction specific information on external websites.
• Work with Manager and regional marketing team on practice group events and seminars. Coordinate and arrange practice development meetings and CLE presentations as requested by Managers and/or Practice leaders.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email email@example.com (current employees should contact Human Resources).
• A Bachelor's degree from an accredited four year college or university, preferably in finance, economics, business, marketing or similar field
• At least three years of marketing-related experience
• Demonstrated PC experience required in MS Office
• Legal marketing (especially in the practices listed above) and/or strategic planning, sales, market assessment or positioning in other professional services industry
• Business or professional services marketing knowledge
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Good judgment
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
• Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
• Able to work under pressure
• Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
• A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/tfw3297xj6