Job Title: Marketing Specialist
Company: Sidley Austin LLP
Location: New York, NY
The Marketing Specialist works closely with the Marketing Manager to plan and manage a range of marketing activities for the office/region that address client needs and support our business objectives. The role requires the development of strong and effective working relationships within the Marketing Department, as well as with other administrative departments and lawyers.
• Develops, plans, leads and executes firm-sponsored seminars and receptions for current and prospective clients. Among other things, this includes:
• Serving as the marketing lead for events and sponsorships
• Creating and managing critical dates and timelines;
• Drafting and managing all related internal and external communication, including social media and website; and
• Working closely with the Marketing Assistant(s) on event logistics, including invitations, strategic development of guest lists, nametags, handout materials, site management, speakers, visual presentations and follow-up.
• Assists in the development of processes and procedures to help ensure the efficient and effective operation of the office/regional marketing team.
• Supports the maintenance and expansion of the Firm's CRM system in the office/region, and leverages the system to connect lawyers, clients and other contacts.
• Identifies, tracks and obtains relevant regional speaking and other credentialing opportunities for our lawyers; creates relevant materials to support our efforts.
• Assists in the onboarding and integration of new and lateral lawyers.
• Works closely with the Marketing Manager, managing partners and other lawyers to maximize our investment in local/regional marketing initiatives.
• Assists in the development and execution of lawyer workshops on developing a professional biography and LinkedIn profile.
• Works on special projects as requested by the Marketing Manager and lawyers.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
• A minimum of five (5) years of marketing experience
• A minimum of two (2) years of experience planning events in a professional service environment
• A Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university, preferably in marketing, communication, business or related field
• Strong computer skills, including knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
• Demonstrated ability to manage and lead multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
• Ability to interact with Firm members at all levels
• Clear and concise communication (written and oral), including proofreading skills
• General understanding of effective marketing activities
• Advanced PowerPoint presentation skills
• Strong understanding of social media platforms and marketing
• Advanced knowledge of internal marketing databases and technologies to track, maintain and disseminate content including Vuture and InterAction
• Solid understanding of competitive landscape in relevant market
• Proven ability to identify efficiency and process improvement opportunities
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Good judgment
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
• Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
• Able to work under pressure
• Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/6hz3fwx9jzk8hhj5