Job Title: Proposal / RFP Specialist
Company: Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP
Location: Charlotte, NC
Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP, a highly respected southeast regional law firm, seeks a Proposal/RFP Specialist who can make things happen. Based in Charlotte or Raleigh, NC or Greenville, SC, this position is for creative problem solvers, savvy strategists, phenomenal wordsmiths – or a combination of any of these things. We’d love to find someone fun and full of energy to match our already awesome team.
This role will work closely with the rest of the Business Development and Marketing Team to implement marketing and business development initiatives. The specialist will be responsible for writing and coordinating proposals and maintaining the firm’s experience database as well as other related tasks. Working with department team members, attorneys and staff around the firm, the position requires a proactive, responsible individual who has outstanding organizational and writing skills.
Regular tasks include:
• Working with members of the marketing/business development team, attorneys and other departments to develop strategic, client-centric proposals, tailored marketing collateral and pitches and track results.
• Overseeing proposal processes and schedules, collating high-quality submissions to meet various requirements and deadlines.
• Coordinating the collection of representative work and maintaining related databases.
• Assisting with the development of standard practice descriptions and capturing custom content.
• Regularly proofreading proposals, web content and various marketing collateral materials.
• Assisting with PowerPoint pitches and presentations as needed.
• Occasionally assisting with local events and other marketing initiatives as needed.
• Leading or assisting other marketing projects as needed.
• A college degree required.
• 4+ years of experience in professional services marketing or related field (accounting firm or law firm experience is a plus).
• Proven experience developing proposals and submissions.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strategic and extremely detail oriented.
• Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment is essential, as is the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Self-motivated and a demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Professional demeanor, able to interact with lawyers and staff throughout the firm.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
No phone calls, walk-ins or agencies, please. Please send confidential resume with cover letter explaining match between your skills and the job responsibilities, qualifications and education as well as salary requirements to:
Beth Perry Griffin, Marketing and Business Development Department Manager
Our firm is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of our Firm to afford fair and equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, military status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. E-Verify for purposes of verifying employment eligibility.