Chief Client Relations and Business Development OfficerOrganization:
Galloway Johnson Tompkins Burr & Smith Location:
New Orleans, LA
The law firm of Galloway Johnson Tompkins Burr & Smith seeks an experienced business development professional to assume its newly created position of Chief Client Relations and Business Development Office. The position will provide client relationship and business development consultancy and oversight for the Firm’s litigation defense practice and on behalf of all Firm offices. The position is responsible for supervising the identification and implementation of strategies and tactics that help shareholders maximize and expand existing relationships and win new business.
Founded in 1987, Galloway has grown to more than 100 lawyers and 12 office locations located across the Gulf Coast and Midwest. This position offers an excellent opportunity to take on a leadership role with one of the nation’s leading litigation defense firms. For more information, visit www.gallowaylawfirm.com.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee all marketing, client relations, and business development department personnel and initiatives relating to Firm’s litigation defense practice
• Identify strategic partnerships in order to broaden the Firm’s network of contacts and client development opportunities
• Represent the Firm at industry conferences and events to increase the Firm’s network of contacts, facilitate introductions for Firm attorneys, make touchpoints with current and prospective contacts, and drive new business opportunities
• Follow-up with targeted Firm contacts to build relationships and cultivate opportunities for attorney client visits, lunch and learns, future work assignments, etc. and articulate the Firm’s competitive advantages
• Meet with both current and prospective clients to maintain and cultivate business relationships and opportunities; communicate any client needs or challenges to the appropriate attorneys
• As requested, review client development plans and provide consultative guidance to maximize their efforts
• Oversee the coordination of Firm-sponsored client development and client entertainment events
• Coordinate with shareholders to assist them with identifying opportunities for cross-selling additional lines of business and Firm offices to current clients
• Coordinate with shareholders to identify and target prospective institutional clients
• Coordinate with client team leaders for institutional and Firm-wide clients and provide consultancy on the development of client team plans.
• Review Firm financial reports for client data and identify and analyze client trends
• Develop thorough knowledge and understanding of the Firm’s practice, its attorneys, client base, systems and procedures
• Research and identify future marketing opportunities for the Firm and its attorneys
• Lead the development and implementation of all Firm, practice group and individual attorney marketing and business development plans
• Oversee and administer Firm marketing budgets and expenses
• Maintain Firm website and Internet presence, including content marketing strategy
• Build and enhance the Firm’s brand and reputation with key audiences, including clients, prospective clients and referral sources
• Oversee media outreach, including by-lined articles and press releases
• Research and identify opportunities for the Firm and its attorneys to become involved and active
• Evaluate and recommend all sponsorships and charitable contributions
• Evaluate and recommend all advertising, including law firm and lawyer rankings and directories
• Assist with the onboarding and business development training of new attorneys
• Provide periodic reports to Firm leadership about the Firm’s marketing and business development program
• Build and maintain up-to-date client database for all key contacts of the Firm
• Represent Firm and coordinate Firm participation in key organizations, such as Defense Research Institute (DRI), International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) and Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC)
• Travel occasionally to the Firm’s other offices, client events and legal industry events
• Five or more years of experience in marketing/business development, preferably in a law firm or professional services environment.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, with graduate and/or law degree preferred
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal relations, written and verbal communication skills
• Works well under pressure, excellent problem-solver and team player
• Capacity to build and maintain strong working relationships at all levels in the organization
$100-150,000, commensurate with experience and credentials. Excellent benefits package and relocation assistance.
Reports to the Firm Managing Director and works alongside individual shareholders, client teams, and outside vendors as needed. Will oversee marketing and business development support staff
Interested and qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to TheRemsenGroup at JRemsen@TheRemsenGroup.com