Associate Director of Content & CommunicationsOrganization:
Dykema Gossett, PLLCLocation:
Chicago, IL or Detroit, MI
Dykema Gossett PLLC, a leading national law firm, is seeking an innovative content strategist for our new hands-on, collaborative Associate Director of Content & Communications role in either Detroit or Chicago. The Associate Director will develop an integrated approach to firm content (thought leadership, website, collateral, public relations, internal communications) in support of firm brand and growth goals.
Create and execute content strategy to maximize brand awareness and reputation and prospect/client engagement in support of firm growth goals. Also partner with Business Development and Marketing Managers, Practice Group Leaders, and Department Directors in development of content strategies in support of their business plans.
Establish the foundational elements necessary to operationalize a successful content strategy; such as style guide, processes, standards, SEO, templates, distribution lists, measures, reporting, etc.
Regularly identify gaps and opportunities in firm portfolio of content based on firm strengths, needs of clients & prospects, market/industry trends and the competitive landscape. Devise campaigns leveraging existing content, supplemented with newly created content utilizing multiple channels and formats to reach targeted audiences – with an eye on smart cost/benefit usage of firm resources.
Lead writing projects for strategic firm content as needed; including website redesign and ongoing maintenance, branding, thought leadership and firm communications as well as special projects and high stakes proposals.
Implement best practices and innovative uses of digital marketing, in social media, videos, blogs, apps, podcasts, etc., including SEO and targeting.
Advise on public relations earned media strategies and firm executive communications.
Educate firm stakeholders on trends and best practices of effective content to drive participation and effectiveness.
Oversee Content and Communications team.
- Senior professional with minimum of 10 years marketing or content development experience ideally in a law or other professional services firm.
- Experience successfully leading communications and content strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree with MBA or JD a plus.
- Strong technical acumen with knowledge of platforms within the marketing technology stack.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to present and communicate ideas clearly and persuasively.
- Ability to think strategically, develop tactics and execute pragmatically.
- A strong client service approach and team orientation.
- Project and team management experience with attention to detail and a willingness to “roll up sleeves” and operate at whatever level is needed to accomplish tasks.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with a tolerance for uncertainty and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate good judgment, tact, and flexibility under pressure in a mixed-matrix environment with many stakeholders and potentially competing priorities.
- Tenacious self-starter who knows how to motivate others, take initiative and lead change.
- Collaborate, influence, and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the firm.
Dykema offers an excellent salary and benefits package, including transportation assistance. Dykema is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is a proud equal opportunity employer.