Business Development & Marketing ManagerOrganization:
Chicago, IL or Detroit, MIClick here to apply
Dykema, a leading national law firm, is seeking to hire a Business Development & Marketing Manager (BDMM) in our Bloomfield Hills, Detroit, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Los Angeles, or Milwaukee office. BDMM will work closely with the assigned Practice(s) and/or Industry leaders to develop, initiate, and implement business-development and marketing plans. Will serve individual attorneys in the assigned areas with business development and marketing needs. As the “go-to” resource for their assigned areas, the BDMM serves as the primary liaison between their assigned areas and the Marketing and Business Development Department and is responsible, in conjunction with the Chief Business Development and Marketing Officer (CBDMO) and other department managers for coordinating the resources of the Department for successful implementation of these plans. In addition, special projects, geographies or other areas of responsibilities may be assigned.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Practice and/or Industry Development – Point of contact for assigned area leaders and teams for initiating, directing, and providing business development and marketing support, providing strategic guidance and proactive recommendations for the development, implementation, and management of business development and marketing plans, materials, communications and client programs.
- Business Development Support – Supports laterals, client teams and individual attorneys in assigned areas with business development (plans, cross-selling, research, RFP responses/pitches/presentations) and marketing (client events, campaigns, alerts, experience lists, and other customized materials) for development targets and opportunities as they arise.
- Communications Support – Works closely with the Marketing Communications team to identify and leverage content opportunities. Plans internal messaging to inform and promote cross-selling and client service, prepare submissions to the rankings and directories that are most beneficial, collaborate with the appropriate communications team members to maintain accurate and effective web content and identify opportunities to develop thought leadership content.
- Department Support - Act as an exemplary department citizen by teaming proactively with colleagues and other functional specialists to integrate plans across practices, industries and offices, escalating potential issues, sharing ideas and deliverables, volunteering for special projects, reporting on activities, updating tracking databases, addressing conflicts earnestly, and promoting team capabilities and successes.
- Senior professional experience with minimum of 7 years business-development experience in a law or other professional services firm.
- Practice-development and/or Marketing experience in professional services also considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree with MBA or JD a plus.
- Ability to think strategically, develop tactics and execute pragmatically.
- A strong client service approach and team orientation.
- Project and team management experience with attention to detail and a willingness to “roll up sleeves” and operate at whatever level is needed to accomplish tasks.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with a tolerance for uncertainty and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate good judgment, tact, and flexibility under pressure in a mixed-matrix environment with many stakeholders and potentially competing priorities.
- Establish credibility with attorney base through quality work and communications that bring to bear the right mix of confidence, tact, persistence, and reliability.
- Tenacious self-starter who knows how to motivate others and take initiative.
- Collaborate, influence, and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the firm.
- Written communications must be concise, professional, and accurate.
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with the assigned practice groups, industries, and/or geographies.
Occasional travel to other offices as well as firm, client events, etc.
Dykema offers an excellent salary and benefits package, including transportation assistance. Dykema is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is a proud equal opportunity employer.
Dykema continues to strive to maintain a workplace that is free from recognized hazards and to promote the health and well-being of our employees, their families, and those who visit our offices. As part of this effort, Dykema has implemented certain safety protocols utilizing CDC, OSHA and other available guidance. All new hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to legal exemptions.Click here to apply